Home Page

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Grilled Apricot Chicken


Before I get into today's recipe, I need to get something completely un-food-related out of the way. Mario and I have just bought a new car. Mario picked the car, and I like to call it his "mid-life crisis car". It will be fast and sporty. Well Mario has decided (just because I had one teency weency run in with a concrete wall in a parking garage once - which could have happened to anyone), that I shouldn't be allowed to drive the "mid-life-crisis car". And so, I think it is time to run another poll in the sidebar... please help me out!!

I have made this recipe many times in the past, it is a simple and tasty way to eat plain chicken breasts. The chicken stays moist and juicy. This time, I was out of Apricot preserves, but I had a bottle of Tropical Mixed Fruit Jam in the fridge (combination of papaya, mango, banana, pineapple, and orange). It was a very nice substitution and I would do it that way again.

Grilled Apricot Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
3 tbsp sugar free Apricot Jam
pinch of grated lime rind
1/2 tbsp grated ginger

1. Mix last four ingredients together and paint all over chicken breasts. Let sit for about 30 minutes in a shallow dish.

2. Heat grill and paint any extra Apricot sauce on the chicken. Barbeque over direct heat for about 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.